- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 27, Issue 2
f Species Status of Hanseniaspora guilliermondii Pijper
- Authors: SALLY A. MEYER, RUTH E. BROWN, MAUDY T. SMITH
- Address reprint requests to: Dr. Sally A. Meyer, American Type Culture Collection, 12301 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852.
- First Published Online: 01 April 1977, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 27: 162-164, doi: 10.1099/00207713-27-2-162
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To The Systematics Of Yeasts
- Issue Published:
Selected yeasts presently classified as Hanseniaspora valbyensis Kloecker 1912 were examined for their physiological and morphological properties and their deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) relatedness. The strain designated H. guilliermondii Pijper 1928 is herein recognized as a species separate from H. valbyensis. H. guilliermondii is distinguished from H. valbyensis by insignificant DNA reassociations, assimilation of 2-keto-gluconate, growth at 37°C, and formation of four ascospores per ascus.
Copyright © 1977 International Association of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-27-2-162dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-27-2-162dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....