- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 44, Issue 2
f Evidence for a Close Phylogenetic Relationship between Melissococcus pluton, the Causative Agent of European Foulbrood Disease, and the Genus Enterococcus
- Authors: J. CAI, M. D. COLLINS*
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: AFRC Institute of Food Research, Reading Laboratory, Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, Reading RG6 2EF. United Kingdom. Phone: 0734 357000. Fax: 0734 267917.
- First Published Online: 01 April 1994, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 44: 365-367, doi: 10.1099/00207713-44-2-365
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Issue Published:
The 16S rRNA gene sequence of Melissococcus pluton, the causative agent of European foulbrood disease, was determined in order to investigate the phylogenetic relationships between this organism and other low-G+C-content gram-positive bacteria. A comparative sequence analysis revealed that M. pluton is a close phylogenetic relative of the genus Enterococcus.
Copyright © 1994 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-2-365dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-2-365dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....