- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 44, Issue 3
f Flavobacterium scophthalmum sp. nov., a Pathogen of Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus L.)
- Authors: M. MUDARRIS, B. AUSTIN*, P. SEGERS, M. VANCANNEYT, B. HOSTE, J. F. BERNARDET
- * Corresponding author. Phone: 44-31-451-3452. Fax: 44-31-451-3009.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1994 44: 447-453, doi: 10.1099/00207713-44-3-447
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Fifty orange-pigmented, gram-negative, rod-shaped isolates were recovered from healthy and diseased turbot and from coastal waters (collected in Scotland). On the basis of the results of an examination of 125 phenotypic characteristics and the results of DNA-DNA and DNA-rRNA hybridization experiments, we concluded that these isolates are members of a new species in the genus Flavobacterium, for which the name Flavobacterium scophthalmum is proposed. The type strain is CCM 4109 (= LMG 13028).
Copyright © 1994 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-3-447dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-3-447dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....