- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 44, Issue 3
f Phylogenetic Evidence for Transfer of Pentachlorophenol-Mineralizing Rhodococcus chlorophenolicus PCP-IT to the Genus Mycobacterium
- Authors: MARIA BRIGLIA*, RIK I. L. EGGEN†, DIRK J. VAN ELSAS, WILLEM M. DE VOS
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: Department of Microbiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Hesselink van Suchtelenweg, 4, NL-6703 CT Wageningen, The Netherlands. Phone: 31 (0) 8370 84099. Fax: 31 (0) 8370 83829.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1994 44: 494-498, doi: 10.1099/00207713-44-3-494
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
We determined the nucleotide sequence of a 16S rRNA gene of Rhodococcus chlorophenolicus PCP-IT (= DSM 43826T) (T = type strain). Sequence comparisons revealed that there was a close relationship between strain PCP-IT and strains belonging to the genus Mycobacterium. The sequence data were used to construct a phylogenetic tree, which showed that Mycobacterium chubuense is the closest relative of strain PCP-IT. We propose that strain PCP-IT should be transferred to the genus Mycobacterium and renamed Mycobacterium chlorophenolicum PCP-IT comb. nov.
Present address: EAWAG, CH-8600, Dubendorf, Switzerland.
Copyright © 1994 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-3-494dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-3-494dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....