- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 44, Issue 4
f NOTES: New Perspectives in the Classification of the Flavobacteria: Description of Chryseobacterium gen. nov., Bergeyella gen. nov., and Empedobacter nom. rev.
- Authors: P. VANDAMME*, J.-F. BERNARDET, P. SEGERS, K. KERSTERS, B. HOLMES
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: Laboratory of Microbiology, University of Ghent, K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium. Phone: (32)9.264.5114. Fax: (32)9.264.5346.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, October 1994 44: 827-831, doi: 10.1099/00207713-44-4-827
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Our present knowledge concerning the genotypic, chemotaxonomic, and phenotypic characteristics of members of the genus Flavobacterium and some related genera, including the genus Weeksella, was used to revise the classification of these organisms. The generically misclassified organisms Flavobacterium balustinum, Flavobacterium gleum, Flavobacterium indologenes, Flavobacterium indoltheticum, Flavobacterium meningosepticum, and Flavobacterium scophthalmum are included in a new genus, Chryseobacterium, with Chryseobacterium gleum as the type species. The generically misclassified organism Flavobacterium breve is included in the revived genus Empedobacter as Empedobacter brevis, whereas the generically misclassified organism Weeksella zoohelcum is included in the new genus Bergeyella as Bergeyella zoohelcum.
Copyright © 1994 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-4-827dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-44-4-827dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....