- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 45, Issue 1
f Staphylococcus pulvereri sp. nov., Isolated from Human and Animal Specimens
- Authors: J. ZAKRZEWSKA-CZERWIŃSKA, A. GASZEWSKA-MASTALARZ, B. LIS, A. GAMIAN, M. MORDARSKI*
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Czerska 12, 53–114 Wroclaw, Poland. Fax: 48-71-679111. Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1995 45: 169-172, doi: 10.1099/00207713-45-1-169
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
A new coagulase-negative species of the genus Staphylococcus, Staphylococcus pulvereri, was isolated from human and animal specimens. The complete 16S rRNA sequence of the type strain of S. pulvereri, NT215, was determined and compared with the sequences of 16S rRNAs from the other staphylococci. Strains of S. pulvereri were differentiated from other novobiocin-resistant Staphylococcus species by their biochemical activities, cell wall composition, and levels of genetic relatedness. The type strain of this species is NT215 (=PCM 2443T).
Copyright © 1995 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-45-1-169dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-45-1-169dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....