- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 46, Issue 1
f Agrococcus jenensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a New Genus of Actinomycetes with Diaminobutyric Acid in the Cell Wall
- Authors: INGRID GROTH*, P. SCHUMANN, N. WEISS, KARIN MARTIN, F. A. RAINEY
- * Corresponding author. Mailing address: Hans-Knöll-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung, Beutenbergstrasse 11, D-07745 Jena, Germany. Phone: 049-3641-656666. Fax: 049-3641-656600. Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1996 46: 234-239, doi: 10.1099/00207713-46-1-234
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Two strains of a new gram-positive coryneform bacterium isolated from soil and from a sandstone surface are described. Strain 2002-39/1T (T = type strain) is a coccoid, nonmotile, non-acid-fast, microaerophilic organism. The menaquinones of this strain are MK-12 and MK-11, and the main components of the whole-cell sugars are glucose and rhamnose. No mycolic acids are present. The G+C content of the DNA is 74 mol%. Comparative 16S ribosomal DNA studies and a cell wall analysis revealed that this strain represents a new genus belonging to the group of actinomycetes that have diaminobutyric acid in their peptidoglycans. The second strain, strain ST54, which was isolated from a sandstone surface, had the same characteristic features as strain 2002-39/1T. The name Agrococcus jenensis gen. nov., sp. nov., is proposed for these organisms. The type strain is strain 2002-39/1, which has been deposited in the German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures as strain DSM 9580.
Copyright © 1996 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-46-1-234dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-46-1-234dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....