- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 47, Issue 3
f Identification of Rickettsiae Isolated in Japan as Coxiella burnetii by 16S rRNA Sequencing
- Authors: Toshiyuki Masuzawa*, Katsuji Sawaki, Hiromi Nagaoka, Masato Akiyama, Katsuya Hirai, Yasutake Yanagihara
- *Corresponding author. Phone: 81-54-264-5710. Fax: 81-54-264-5715. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1997 47: 883-884, doi: 10.1099/00207713-47-3-883
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
The 16S rRNA genes of Japanese Coxiella isolates obtained from various sources and geographical areas were directly sequenced by dideoxynucleotide chain termination methods in which Taq DNA polymerase was used. The levels of sequence similarity among Japanese, European, and American isolates were more than 99%, and the Japanese isolates were identified as Coxiella burnetii. C. burnetii strains isolated worldwide, including Japan. were found to be very similar.
Copyright © 1997 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-47-3-883dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-47-3-883dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....