- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 47, Issue 4
f Reexamination of Yeast Strains Classified as Torulaspora delbrueckii (Lindner)
- Authors: Yuji Oda*, Mihe Yabuki, Kenzo Tonomura, Masahito Fukunaga
- *Corresponding author. Mailing address:Department of Food Science and Technology, Fukuyama University, Fukuyama, Hiroshima 729-02, Japan. Fax: 81-849-36-2023. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, October 1997 47: 1102-1106, doi: 10.1099/00207713-47-4-1102
- Subject: Original Papers Relating To The Systematics Of Yeasts
- Published Online:
Twenty-eight yeast strains presumed to represent Torulaspora delbrueckii were analyzed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA-PCR analysis. Four strains (HUT 7161, IFO 1138, IFO 1145, and IFO 1956) that were considerably different from the type strain were further investigated. Morphological and physiological characteristics revealed that strains HUT 7161 and IFO 1145 belong to the genus Debaryomyces rather than the genus Torulaspora, and the former strain may represent Debaryomyces hansenii. Strains IFO 1138 and IFO 1956 were classified as either Saccharomyces castellii or Saccharomyces dairensis by identification keys involving physiological tests. On the basis of analysis of the sequences of two rRNA internal spacer regions, strains IFO 1138 and IFO 1956 were closely related to S. castellii and strains HUT 7161 and IFO 1145 were outside members of the genera Torulaspora, Zygosaccharomyces, and Saccharomyces.
Copyright © 1997 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-47-4-1102dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-47-4-1102dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....