- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 48, Issue 1
f Two new Rahnella genomospecies that cannot be phenotypically differentiated from Rahnella aquatilis
- Authors: Don J. Brenner, Hans E. Müller†, Arnold G. Steigerwalt, Anne M. Whitney, Caroline M. O'Hara, Peter Kämpfer
- Author for correspondence: Don J. Brenner. Tel: + 1 404 639 2841. Fax: + 1 404 639 4421. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1998 48: 141-149, doi: 10.1099/00207713-48-1-141
- Subject: Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
Fifty-one Rahnella aquatilis and R. aquatilis-like strains from water, snails and human sources were characterized by routine biochemical tests, carbon source utilization tests, DNA relatedness (hydroxyapatite method) and 16S rRNA sequencing. The results of the genetic methods indicated that the strains comprised three closely related species within the genus Rahnella. It was not possible to differentiate R. aquatilis from the two newly recognized species. The new species were therefore given the vernacular names Rahnella genomospecies 2 and Rahnella genomospecies 3.
The GenBank accession numbers for the sequences reported in this paper are U88434-U88439, U90757 and U90758.
Present address: Alter Rautheimer Weg 16, D-38126 Braunschweig, Germany.
- Keyword(s): DNA relatedness, Rahnella genomospecies, Rahnella aquatilis, taxonomy, Rahnella aquatilis-like strains
© 1998, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-141dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-141dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....