- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 48, Issue 1
- Authors: Mehrdad Motamedi, Karsten Pedersen
- Author for correspondence: Mehrdad Motamedi. Tel: +46 31 773 2556. Fax: +46 31 773 2599. e-mail: Mehrdad.Motamedi@gmm.gu.se
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, January 1998 48: 311-315, doi: 10.1099/00207713-48-1-311
- Subject: Systematic Bacteriology
- Published Online:
A sulfate-reducing bacterium, strain Aspo-2, was isolated from granitic groundwater sampled at a depth of 600 m. This and other strains of SRB frequently occur in the deep granitic rock aquifers studied. On the basis of its morphological, physiological and genotypical properties, and its unique habitat, we propose strain Aspo-2 as a new species of the genus Desulfovibrio, Desulfovibrio aespoeensis (DSM 10631T).
The EMBL accession number for the 16S rRNA sequence of strain Aspo-2 is X95230.
© 1998, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the International Union of Microbiological Societies
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-311dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-48-1-311dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....