- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 2
- Authors: Tatsufumi Takahashi, Itona Satoh, Naoya Kikuchi
- Author for correspondence: Tatsufumi Takahashi. Tel: +81 11 386 1112. Fax: +81 11 387 5890. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Published Online: 01 April 1999, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 49: 725-728, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-2-725
- Subject: Evolution, Phylogeny And Biodiversity
- Issue Published:
The nucleotide sequences of the 16S rRNA gene (rDNA) in 38 taxa of the genus Staphylococcus were compared phylogenetically. Based on phylogenetic tree analysis, staphylococcal species were divided into 12 cluster groups. These cluster groups were in very good agreement with species groups determined by DNA-DNA reassociation studies. These genealogical classifications were consistent with the results of the production of coagulase or oxidase and with resistance to novobiocin. These suggest that the phylogenetic relationship of the genus Staphylococcus is accurately represented by the results obtained from the sequence analysis of 16S rDNA.
© 1999, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-725dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-725dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....