- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 2
f Nocardia salmonicida nom. rev., a fish pathogen
- Authors: Kamil Isik, Jongsik Chun, Yung Chil Hah, Michael Goodfellow
- Author for correspondence: Michael Goodfellow. Tel: +44 191 222 7706. Fax: +44 191 222 5228. e-mail: email@example.com
- First Published Online: 01 April 1999, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 49: 833-837, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-2-833
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Issue Published:
An almost complete gene sequence of 16S rDNA of ‘Nocardia salmonicida’ strain JCM 4826Twas determined following cloning and sequencing of the amplified gene. The sequence was aligned with those available for nocardiae and phylogenetic trees inferred using four tree-making algorithms. The organism and the type strain of Nocardia asteroides consistently formed a monophyletic clade with a distant sequence similarity of 97%. However, previous DNA relatedness experiments showed that strain JCM 4826Tand Nocardia asteroides ATCC 19247Tbelong to different genomic species. The organism was also distinguished from representatives of all validly described species of Nocardia using a combination of phenotypic features. The polyphasic evidence showed that the strain merits recognition as a new species of the genus Nocardia. The name proposed for the new species is Nocardia salmonicida nom. rev.
The GenBank accession number for the 16S rDNA sequence of strain JCM 4826T is Z46750.
© 1999, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-833dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-833dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....