- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 2
f Cystofilobasidiales, a new order of basidiomycetous yeasts
- Authors: Jack W. Fell, Henri Roeijmans, T. Boekhout
- Author for corresondence: Jack W. Fel. Tel: +1 305 361 4603. Fax: +1 305 361 4600. e-mail: email@example.com
- First Published Online: 01 April 1999, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 49: 907-913, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-2-907
- Subject: New Taxa - Yeasts
- Issue Published:
The order Cystofilobasidiales is described for teleomorphic basidiomycetous yeasts with holobasidia and teliospores. Their septa have dolipores, but lack parenthesomes. D-Glucuronate, nitrate and nitrite are assimilated and myoinositol is usually assimilated. Coenzyme Q has 8 or 10 isoprenologues. 25S and 18S rDNA sequence analysis indicates a monophyletic branch within the Tremellomycetidae of the Hymenomycetes. Cystofilobasidium is the type genus.
The GenBank accession numbers for the sequences reported in this paper are AF075463--AF075526.
© 1999, International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-907dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-2-907dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....