- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 3
f Note: Aerococcus christensenii sp. nov., from the human vagina
- Authors: Matthew D. Collins, Mar Rodriguez Jovita, Roger A. Hutson, Maria Ohlén, Enevold Falsen
- Author for correspondence: Matthew D. Collins. Tel: +44 118 935 7000. Fax: +44 118 926 7917. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Published Online: 01 July 1999, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology 49: 1125-1128, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-3-1125
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Issue Published:
Phenotypic and phylogenetic studies were performed on two strains of a hitherto undescribed Aerococcus-like organism isolated from the human vagina. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequencing studies demonstrated that the unknown strains constitute a new subline within the genus Aerococcus. The unknown bacterium was readily distinguished from the two currently recognized Aerococcus species, Aerococcus viridans and Aerococcus urinae, by biochemical tests and electrophoretic analysis of whole-cell proteins. On the basis of phylogenetic and phenotypic evidence, it is proposed that the unknown bacterium be classified as Aerococcus christensenii sp. nov. The type strain of A. christensenii is CCUG 28831T.
The GenBank accession numbers for the 16S rRNA gene sequences of strains CCUG 28826 and CCUG 28831T are Y17318 and Y17005.
Copyright © 1999 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1125dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1125dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost104
Figure data loading....