- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 3
f Agrococcus citreus sp. nov., isolated from a medieval wall painting of the chapel of Castle Herberstein (Austria)
- Authors: Monika Wieser, Peter Schumann, Karin Martin, Petra Altenburger, Jutta Burghardt, Werner Lubitz, Hans-Jürgen Busse
- Author for correspondence: Hans-Jürgen Busse. Tel: +43 1 25077 2119. Fax: +43 1 25077 2190. e-mail: Hans-Juergen.Busse@vu-wien.ac.at
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1999 49: 1165-1170, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-3-1165
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Published Online:
A bacterial strain, D-1/1aT, isolated from a medieval wall painting of the chape of Herberstein (Styria, Austria) was characterized by a polyphasic approach. Strain D-1/1aT shared 98·1% 16S rRNA sequence similarity to Agrococcus jenensis. The chemotaxonomic characteristics including polar lipid pattern, whole cell sugars, quinone system, polyamine pattern, cell wall composition and fatty acid profile were in good agreement with those of Agrococcus jenensis. The G+C content of the DNA was determined to be 74 mol%. The value of 47% DNA reassociation obtained after DNA-DNA hybridization between DNA of Agrococcus jenensis and strain D-1/1aT as well as differences in the amino acid composition of the peptidoglycan and in physiological characteristics demonstrate that the isolate represents a new species of the genus Agrococcus. The name Agrococcus citreus sp. nov. is proposed for the new species harbouring isolate D-1/1aT. The type strain is DSM 12453T.
The EMBL accession number for the 16S rDNA sequence of strain D-1/1aT is AJ012826.
- Keyword(s): 16S rDNA sequence analysis, Agrococcus citreus sp. nov., chemotaxonomy, DNA reassociation, physiology
Copyright © 1999 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1165dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1165dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....