- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 3
f Note: Facklamia tabacinasalis sp. nov., from powdered tobacco
- Authors: Matthew D. Collins, Roger A. Hutson, Enevold Falsen, Berit Sjöden
- Author for correspondence: Matthew D. Collins. Tel: +44 118 935 7226. Fax: +44 118 935 7222. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, July 1999 49: 1247-1250, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-3-1247
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Published Online:
An unknown Gram-positive, catalase-negative, facultatively anaerobic, coccus-shaped organism originating as a contaminant of snuff was characterized by phenotypic and molecular taxonomic methods. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequencing studies demonstrated that the bacterium represents a new subline within the genus Facklamia. The unknown bacterium was readily distinguished from Facklamis hominis and Facklamia ignava by biochemical tests and electrophoretic analysis of whole-cell proteins. On the basis of phylogenetic and phenotypic evidence, it is proposed that the unknown bacterium be classified as Facklamia tabacinasalis sp. nov., the type strain of which is CCUG 30090T.
The GenBank accession number for the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain CCUG 30090T is Y17820.
Copyright © 1999 International Union of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1247dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-3-1247dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....