- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- Volume 49, Issue 4
f Gordonia alkanivorans sp. nov., isolated from tar-contaminated soil
- Authors: Christel Kummer, Peter Schumann, Erko Stackebrandt
- Author for correspondence: Christel Kummer. Tel: +49 36 41 65 66 66 Fax: +49 36 41 65 66 52. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Int J Syst Evol Microbiol, October 1999 49: 1513-1522, doi: 10.1099/00207713-49-4-1513
- Subject: New Taxa - Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Published Online:
Twelve bacterial strains isolated from tar-contaminated soil were subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. The strains possessed meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid of the peptidoglycan, MK-9(H2) as the predominant menaquinone, long-chain mycolic acids of the Gordonia-type straight-chain saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, and considerable amounts of tuberculostearic acid. The G+C content of the DNA was 68 mol% Chemotaxonomic and physiological properties and 16S rDNA sequence comparison results indicated that these strains represent a new species of the genus Gordonia. Because of the ability of these strains to use alkanes as a carbon source, the name Gordonia alkanivorans is proposed. The type strain of Gordonia alkanivorans sp. nov. is strain HKl 0136T (=DSM 44369T).
The EMBL accession number for the 16S rDNA sequence of strain HKl 0136T is Y18054.
© 1999 International Union of of Microbiological Societies | Published by the Microbiology Society
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Author and Article Information
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-4-1513dcterms_title,dcterms_subject,pub_serialTitlepub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
/content/journal/ijsem/10.1099/00207713-49-4-1513dcterms_title,dcterms_subject-pub_serialIdent:journal/ijsem AND -contentType:BlogPost64
Figure data loading....